This Wi-Fi access ("Access") is provided by Slater Menswear, 165 Howard Street, Glasgow, G1 4HF, registered in Scotland as company number SC052746 ("Slaters").
1. Access - this is provided exclusively for the benefit of Slater Menswear customers who register their email address or social media account to gain Access ("User") and whilst Slater Menswear hopes to be able to provide uninterrupted Access it shall be under no obligation to do so. Access is provided free of charge and is subject to these Terms.
2. Log-in help - if you need help logging in, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 9 below.
4. Where you have indicated that you would like to:
4.1. receive updates, we may send marketing to this email address to tell you about developments in the services available through the Wi-Fi system;
4.2. receive marketing from us (including personalised marketing), we shall use your registration details (including your email address) and social media account information if your login this way or provide these details to us, and we will use any personal preferences which you have told us about, so we can provide information on products and services which we think will be of interest to you. For example, we might access your birthday from Facebook (if it is set to public information) so that we can send you a special message on your birthday.
5. We will seek your consent by asking you to tick a consent box before using any of the personal data we access from your use of Wi-Fi for marketing purposes.
6. If you choose to login using a social media account, we will obtain access to your public profile information and email address. We will use this information to allow you to login and to identify you to meet our legal requirements. If you give us permission (via the relevant social media site's preference settings) we may also obtain access to your friends/contact list; we will only use this to see if people on your friends/contact list are also using our website.
Some of your personal information may also be derived from cookies, which are required for the functioning of the service. If you disable cookies, the service will not be able to operate. The Wi-Fi system uses a temporary cookie file named “PHPSESSID” which is required for the functioning of the service. This is a cookie that establishes a user session and reflects the status of that session and is removed from your device once your session expires. This cookie does not store any sensitive user data and is not used for tracking users’ activity. Where social media logins are used, cookies may be used by these third parties; likewise, websites and apps which are viewed whilst connected to the Wi-Fi may use their own cookies and analytics services, but these are all independent of the Wi-Fi system provided by Slater Menswear. Please review these third-party policies before using these third-party website or apps.
8. Acceptable purposes - Access is provided to the specified User for the purposes of web browsing, email, internet-based messaging systems subject to a certain amount of bandwidth. Slater Menswear reserves the right to not provide Access for purposes beyond those listed in this paragraph.
9. Your use of the Access - Once registered, each User is responsible for the use of the Access including any charges payable for services you may browse whilst on the internet and for any licences required to use any software installed on your device. Users are responsible for the safety and security of their User details and should take care of their mobile devices and keep them secure. If you become aware of any unusual activity or consider that your registration is being used by others, please let us know by contacting us at:
Email : [email protected]
Telephone : 0330 363 6071
Postal Address: 165 Howard Street, Glasgow, G1 4HF
Use of the Access will be subject to a unique session per visit, session limit 1 hour* and a data limit of 100 megabytes. Daily limit of 2 hours, * session defined as the moment the user logs on to the moment the session time limit expires. Users must be over the age of 16 years to gain Access.
10. Prohibited purposes - The following activities are expressly prohibited and any User engaging in any of them may have their Access immediately withdrawn:
10.1. Any purpose that is contrary to any applicable law, including but not limited to accessing inappropriate materials such as adult, betting and/or gambling sites, infringing third parties' rights, impersonating other people, or committing fraud or computer misuse of any kind;
10.2. The posting and/or sharing of racist, homophobic and/or discriminatory, defamatory or offensive views;
10.3. infringing our intellectual property rights or those of any third party;
10.4. Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
10.5. Re-selling or attempting to re-sell the Access;
10.6. Sending unsolicited messages, including, but not limited to, promotions or advertisements for products or services, "pyramid schemes", "spam", "chain mail" or "junk mail";
10.7. Interfering with or disrupting the Wi-Fi or servers, or networks connected to the Wi-Fi, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or other regulations of networks connected to the Wi-Fi;
10.8. Attempting any activity prohibited by these Terms, whether or not such attempt is successful; and
10.9. Any activities which, in Slater Menswear opinion, could or is likely to cause damage or risk to Slater Menswear business, reputation, employees, other users, equipment or any third person.
11. Right of withdrawal – Slater Menswear retains the right to withdraw Access to any User, at any time, for any reason, in its complete discretion without responsibility to you, and to take other action as it sees fit if a User breaches any applicable law or these Terms, including referring the matter to regulators or law enforcement agencies as applicable. This may include disclosure of your personal information to the extent necessary to identify you for the purpose of legal proceedings or law enforcement.
12. Updates - We may, at our sole discretion, update these Terms at any time. Such updates shall be binding and effective upon the date of posting. Access to maintain awareness of any updates. By continuing to use the Access after such postings, you accept and agree to any and all such updates.
14. The Access is a conduit to other services and by using the Access you will be transmitting data to those other internet-based services and their use of your data is a matter for your direct arrangements with such third-party providers.
16. Slater Menswear does not warrant that Access will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that any websites accessed are free of viruses or bugs and other items of a destructive nature, that Access is fit for any particular purpose, or that the Wi-Fi system is secure or that the transmission of information over the internet is secure.
17. You are responsible for having a suitable device, implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy particular requirements for the accuracy and security of the data input and output.
Slater Menswear makes no warranty or representation as to the content of any website accessed under these Terms and accepts no liability in connection with any of them, nor will it accept any liability for a failure or delay in providing the Access, or any loss or damage caused by or related to your use of the Access (to the extent permitted by law).
18. We will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice or that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system or security requirements advised by us.
19. The Access is for domestic and private use. If you use the Access for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
20. The Access has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the Access meet your requirements.
21. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such holding will not affect the validity of any of the other provisions of these Terms.
22. If we delay in enforcing a provision of these Terms this does not mean that we have waived our right to enforce the Terms or take steps against you at a later date.
23. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will tell you if this happens.
24. Reference to any statute or statutory provision includes a reference to the statute or statutory provision as from time to time amended, extended or re-enacted.
25. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. All disputes arising from them shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts (subject always to any rights you have as a consumer to bring actions in the courts of your own jurisdiction).
Updated: 9th March 2020